Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Speaking of things I haven't done this semester...

I've had quite an adventure over the past few months, that great adventure called "senior year".

Thus far, I have experienced probably every feeling possible on the spectrum of human emotion and have been stretched physically, mentally and emotionally more than I ever thought possible in a three month period.

Here at the climax of my final fall semester as an undergraduate, I find myself in a calm before a storm. Within the next week, I am expecting e-mails, phone calls and professional opinions that will directly decide what my experiences of the next 6 months will be, which will then ultimately snowball into my post-grad life.

The atmosphere is charged with anticipation as I watch and wait for decisions to be made and information to surface that will allow me to continue in the decision-making process that will determine my future, both next semester and after graduation.



It's in times like these that time seems to slow down, as if the minute has grown from 60 seconds to 80 seconds, and yet it still seems that there are not enough hours in the day. Patience is the virtue of the hour, yet it is still the hardest lesson in life to learn.

Lessons in patience always lead to complete and utter frustration for me, as I feel they do for almost all human beings, but I know and believe that these lessons would lose a bit of their pungency if I were not challenged to overcome frustration in the midst of the storm. Even though this time of waiting seems ridiculous to me now, I know that when I look back on this storm and see the things I learned, it will all be worth it.

So for now, I'll keep on waiting and watching...and I'll try to keep you updated as God reveals what my next task is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment